Tuesday, May 12, 2009

8 - Successful Fast at Work!

I never thought I could possibly cope with fasting while working. So far, fasting while sitting on my butt in front of the computer at home all day hasn't been a problem, and I've even managed to skip breakfast and lunch despite going shopping during that time (ooh, how gruelling!). But surely during the normal working day, when I have to get up early and be on my feet for at least 7 hours, would require a decent breakfast to keep me going? Wrong. Admittedly today wasn't the most strenuous schedule, but I was on my feet for two lessons (140 minutes) and one long yard duty session. And I walked to work. I felt a bit of slow-down at the end of the day, and I had some killer ketone breath at 3pm (once all my teaching was over for the day, phew!) but other than that I didn't feel the slightest hunger. I took some lettuce, crab meat, cherry tomatoes and a chocolate muffin just in case I wasn't going to make it, and I think having the food in the staff fridge helped spur me on, working as a safety net. It's all still in the fridge, ready for tomorrow. Whether I eat it tomorrow or not is another matter...

Broke the fast just before 5pm, with a little bit of haloumi fried in butter, while my chevups cooked. Then we ate dinner at 6pm - organic beef scotch fillets, with red cabbage and spinach, and one fried egg. Blogger's not letting me upload photos right now, wondrous site it is and all... But I'll post it via Twitter, not that it's the most exciting photo in the word. The taste of organic beef, however, is certainly something to capture and share with others! Yum!

No comments: